What are the benefits?
• Less space is required compared to other renewable products because the main unit is located outside.
• They are generally more cost effective to install than alternative renewable heating systems.
• On a well-designed heating system with under-floor heating and an outside air temperature of 7°C, air source heat pumps can reach efficiencies of up to 5.1kW of heat for every 1kW of electricity used. This is known as the COP (Coefficient of Performance). Electric storage heaters have a COP of 1kW of heat to every 1kW of electricity used.
• Can be used with radiators and under-floor heating systems.
• Only one fuel bill is required for your home as they only require electricity to run.
• Very reliable as there are no hot burners required.
• Applicable for Home Energy Scotland funding